david molina gadea is a photographer, artistic director and graphic designer from barcelona currently based in france. he studied applied arts and editorial design at massana school (barcelona, 2009—12 /2020—22). he has participated at lemasterklass with klavdij sluban (paris, 2018—19).
david spent some years rambling around western and eastern europe, the sourthern caucasus and northern africa taking part in social and educational initiaves, camera at hand. these experiences gave raise to works such as:
1. the long way home. published in the british journal of photography’s september 2016 issue and exhibited at the holburne museum in bath, uk.
2. the human apart. exhibited at the city university of new York.
3. go to become. published in 2018 by the slovenian book publisher the angry bat and finalist of the 2018 emerging photographer fund of burn magazine.
4. /mu:n/. finalist of the 2018 gomma grant and winner of the 2020 gomma grant best black & white work.
5. el camino vertical. a long-term walking project to some of the oldest pilgrimage and mountain routes in europe.
david currently works as an editorial designer and artistic director at la nuu international photography festival of rubí, barcelona.